ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jonathan Breitbart
Junior MemberPosts: 42Gear list
Like?
Affordable tele zoom advice for a7
3 months ago

Hey there!

So I love my a7 and have been really enjoying the FE28-70 and FE35 lenses. I also bought an old Minolta Rokkor-PF MC 55MM f1.7 for $50 that has been a lot of fun to play with too.  I wanted something fast in the 50-55 range but don't have anywhere near the budget for the FE55 at this point.  The Rokkor has also forced me to do more manual focus work, which is fun and good for me!

I'm enjoying all 3 of those lenses so far but need some tele glass eventually.  I'm mainly interested in casual sports shooting and general outdoor.  I have the LA-EA4 adapter and was thinking that the Tamron 70-300 USD would be a good, affordable option.  With the $150 Tamron education rebate (I work at a university) and the $100+ in rewards I have from B&H from my a7 bundle purchase, I can get it new for about $200.  Does this sound like a good plan?  Has anyone on here used the 70-300 USD with an a7/a7r?  Thanks!

Jonathan Breitbart's gear list:Jonathan Breitbart's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony Alpha 7 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +5 more
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow