Pentax 645Z why can't Canon do this? Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
tvstaff
Contributing MemberPosts: 915Gear list
Re: Pentax 645Z why can't Canon do this?
In reply to BozillaNZ, 6 months ago

BozillaNZ wrote:

Are you trolling or plain ignorant? FF glass have the image circle which covers FF sensors. Put FF glass on MF sensor and you get image in the center and black circle in the border, that is not going to work at all. If you want Pentax 645 then buy Pentax 645, Canon won't go ahead to create a new SYSTEM just because you liked it to.

Even so.  I would be willing to buy more lenses at that price point.

As some MF lenses are compatible from Hasselblad with adapters to EOS there is some chance that those who opt not to spend the $45,000 to upgrade their older Hasselblad might be able to use some good glass.

I have faith in Canon. If they would opt to jump into the MF market, I'm sure there would be bells and whistles that we don't even see on the Hasselblad even at $45K.

I'll be honest, I'd love this DR and IQ of a camera like this for sports.

I know the technology is out there for the buffers needed and even a 1 to 3 TB external drive (REALLY).  With that being said.... At 8 to 12 fps this camera becomes a reality for sports shooters and would also be practical in the studio.

I'd pay the price of Pentax in a heartbeat as opposed to investing in a new Hasselblad.  It just makes sense.

Some here say that Canon and Nikon don't want to step on Hasselblad toes.  Well Hasselblad has already let that cat out of the bag with SONY, making their sensors

I welcome Canon's MF efforts if they ever come to fruition.  Even if I have to buy another 10K-20K in glass. IF.... that glass could in any way shape or form be able to go on a 1DX or 7D with adapters...., even more appealing....

All... IMHO

-- hide signature --

Feel Always Humble - "FAH" - You'll Learn More

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +13 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow