Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Lindsay D
Regular MemberPosts: 384
Like?
Re: I'm NOT knocked out with RX100M2
In reply to elliottnewcomb, 7 months ago

elliottnewcomb wrote:

Lindsay,

glad you posted. I hopped about your site for quite a while, much terrific work and information there.

Lots of words. Wish you would move some of the photographs up from the bottom in between paragraphs to keep things visual along the way.

btw everyone, Knox is long gone, even though he might have worded things better, he (or anyone) doesn't deserve to be attacked. Re-read it, he left off with a question.

Settings: "Is that where I will find the so called 'magic' everyone is talking about or did I just expect too much?" I sent him my wonderful super condensed manual, we can expect magic results soon!

I shoot OOC Jpeg, no PP, I try to find my magic in the subjects. I know RAW with PP ...(agreed)

These threads with mostly words get so boring, my favorite subjects these days:

-- hide signature --

Elliott

Hi Elliott, many thanks for the kind words. Yes, the site is driven very much by text - concentrating just on photographs would markedly lower its standing with the search engines. It also helps to keep more readers on the site for as long as possible, which is very important, and is one of the reasons why the text must always come first (you can of course just skip it and go straight to the images if you want to). Running a business website is a little different to running a recreational blog in that respect, where you're not fighting for prominence on Google etc

I'm sorry to see that Knox has gone, but I think the answers he received are unsurprising (and quite fair) given his OP. Every week here on the forum we see people who blame their equipment for lacklustre results, when in fact the equipment is not at fault - I think most of us will realise we reached the point of sufficiency some time ago. Likewise choosing a camera and then complaining about its features, as if those features were not obvious at the time of purchase.

I think the OOC JPEGs from the RX100 are terrific - particularly those taken in very low light - the JPEG noise reduction is incredibly effective with less smearing than one might see from other cameras, I'm really very impressed by what this tiny camera can do. For example, I've never got along with LCDs in the past, but the Sunny setting is quite amazing. I also like the fact the flash can be bounced. The RAW files are a little flatter than those from most other cameras I know, but during postproduction this is easily rectified simply by adding a little bit of extra brightening and contrast.

For anyone reading this who may have been put off by the OP's comments, here are a few sample photographs of general 'out and about' stuff:

http://lindsaydobsonphotography.com/blog/sony-rx100ii-impressions/

http://lindsaydobsonphotography.com/blog/west-sussex-landscape-photography/

-- hide signature --

www.lindsaydobsonphotography.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
hypeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow