Liberal Return Policies vs. "has my camera been used?": A way to Solve This

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ne beginner
Senior MemberPosts: 2,005Gear list
Like?
Or accept what else goes along with it ...
In reply to Patrick McMahon, 2 months ago

... Like the "new" item you buy may have been sold, used, and returned.

As long as the customer knows that before making buying, then that's fair to all, I think.  So it's not only a tax savings, which is often off-set by shipping fees, but that you also accept you may get a demo'd in the store item, or a used item.

All a seal does, I think, is force the retailer into being honest about the currently hidden side of his liberal return policy.

Patrick McMahon wrote:

Thank you Eamon,

You are correct as it applies to the brick and mortars. And I appreciate your insightful reply.

I would imagine that anyone who established a relationship with a B&M, as you described, would have little trouble getting a "never touched by human hands" camera, upon special request.

I think this boils down to having your cake and eating it too. People want a liberal return policy, they don't want to pay sales tax and they want a camera box that has never been open.

ne beginner's gear list:ne beginner's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow