Liberal Return Policies vs. "has my camera been used?": A way to Solve This

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Patrick McMahon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,197Gear list
Like?
Re: But, what about the value of a returns policy?
In reply to scokill, 3 months ago

scokill wrote:

Patrick McMahon wrote:

karlreed wrote:

I buy new to get the service associated with "new" and, the manufacturers warranty. I also tend to buy from shops (but, there are about 15 pro or near pro camera shops within 45 mins of where I live.

My Gosh that must be nice... and in this photographer's Utopia you describe... tell me, Do they force a camera store to charge hundreds more in VAT than online retailers?

Every shop I've been into in the DFW area acts like they are doing me a favor for having a store. This and the fact that they are automatically 8.25% higher off the bat makes the internet stores a no brainer.

Wouldn't it be nice if they could be judged on their crappy customer service alone

Hey- I guess a lot of them realize they are now just the show rooms for the internet business and get no benefit = crappy attitude.

Imagine if you ran a brick and mortar and you spent time with a "customer" giving him the benefit of your expertise and allowing him to peruse the goods... and just as he picks up the box... he's walking it to the register... then flips it on the side- scans the bar code and gets it for hundreds cheaper. Surprised more aren't the chipper, happy go lucky sort they once were

Patrick McMahon's gear list:Patrick McMahon's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow