Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,458Gear list
Like?
Handled an A6000 at B&H yesterday. The meanest-looking "rangefinder" yet
3 months ago

I think it's the coolest looking rangefinder style from Sony yet. I think the silver version looks WAY cooler than the much-lauded aluminum-block Leica T.

The black version is a mean looking machine - I can now understand why we get so many trolls from the MFT world. Seeing it in close proximity to the Olympus/Panasonic cameras is like what happens when a guy with a Ferrari pulls into a Mustang rally. This camera is the definition of "Sony style." The A6000 would look in place in a Michael Kors shop. I have not seen as stylish Sony product since the metal portable MiniDisc player.

For those who place a lot of value in how a camera looks, the black A6000 is a real step up from the NEX-6 or NEX-7. The A5000 looks like a toy next to it.

Its focus is definitely quick - quicker than I recall my NEX-6, but not more precise. And quicker than the A7 with kit lens I had with me.

The EVF is brighter and more contrasty than my NEX-6. But frankly, the resolution is definitely inferior to both the NEX-6 and A7. It's not bad, and definitely very usable. But in the few moments I could react while watching my grandson sleeping in his stroller, I came away disappointed with the EVF. If there is to be a rangefinder A7000 in the future, upgrading the EVF would be a big step.

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +13 more
Sony a5000 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow