Liberal Return Policies vs. "has my camera been used?": A way to Solve This

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
karlreed
Contributing MemberPosts: 635Gear list
Like?
But, what about the value of a returns policy?
In reply to ne beginner, 7 months ago

I buy new to get the service associated with "new" and, the manufacturers warranty. I also tend to buy from shops (but, there are about 15 pro or near pro camera shops within 45 mins of where I live.

I also return gear. These are expensive items and I really want them to do what I want. Suppliers I have dealt with look at my returns, and say "Wow, you really do take care..".

I have no doubt that I have items that were returned, indeed, I know I have in one case for sure.

I also know that in some cases, returned items go back to the factory for checking..

OK, I don't mind getting a returned item if it carries the new warranty and has the "new" levels of service. If I have returned it because it was not functioning, then, I expect the supplier to send it back to the factory.

I simply will not buy gear from places that do not have a returns policy, and, I don't mind paying just a bit more for this.

-- hide signature --

karl reed

karlreed's gear list:karlreed's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow