Liberal Return Policies vs. "has my camera been used?": A way to Solve This

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Patrick McMahon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,197Gear list
Like?
reading but not listening...
In reply to absentaneous, 2 months ago

I guess we are in a bit of a pickle... I have sworn to whole heartily support the cause for seals, the meager request I made was to stop forcing Brick and mortars to charge hundreds more in the form of sales tax.

Right now the system is rigged in a way that does not trouble me in the least.

1. My retailer rigorously inspects any returns and if all their stringent guidelines are met and the goods are in new condition, they sell it as new. That is not dishonest at all, they have never told me otherwise and it is supported by the UCC. Completely lawful. It is new under the law.

2. If I am ever unhappy with a good I purchase I simply ask my retailer to rectify the situation.

I completely understand the points being made (though I do not subscribe to many of them) and I have simply asked that if you are going to completely shift the paradigm which as been in place for decades- do the same exact thing that other countries with seals do - Do not force brick and mortars to charge hundreds more. This has been met with resistance... so, where are we at?

I get it, some kid bought it to do an unboxing video, or someone wanted to try out multiple Dfs before buying another camera. A pro couldn't decide on which color Df... As for the whole- someone took it on an arctic expedition because they didn't want to bring their own camera... well we could get into a whole host of speculation.

I would be very weary of any retailer with a liberal return policy who tells you they do not do this, unless I was face to face with them.

Anywho- the whole "No! No! No! It's my way or the highway!" is not a very good way to work change into the system.

Patrick McMahon's gear list:Patrick McMahon's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow