Advice for GPS to use during visit to UK (Yorkshire Dales)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Alan_W1
Contributing MemberPosts: 754
Like?
Re: Advice for GPS to use during visit to UK (Yorkshire Dales)
In reply to ericN2, 7 months ago

ericN2 wrote:

Isabel -

I do think .. honestly .. you're getting too obsessed with this business. It IS England you are coming to you know !!..we're only a quite small Country and frankly I just cannot feel that particularly a popular area like the Yorkshire Dales can have ANY big area in which you can get totally lost. .it's not the jungles or the Siberian wastes you know !!
Get a good (cheap) Ordnance Survey map covering either the Dales mainly or even the bigger Northern part of UK.. and I'd think it's very rare that even in the remotest parts you're not going to find some sort of sign-post more than a few minutes away from wherever you are..enough..with the help of a good OS map anyway .. to get you on track for somewhere.

Heck..don't spend your time looking at maps..ENJOY driving around and the lovely countryside..with the added fun of finding a quaint country sign-post to give you a clue where to go next !!

agree entirely !!

Have we really lost so much of the fun of driving around the lovely UK countryside in the better part of the year !!

-- hide signature --

/eric
Staffordshire, UK

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow