Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
IronwoodAZ
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
DSLR Advice - Pentax K-3 or Canon 6D for sports and family photos
2 months ago

I have been reading on the K-3 and 6D for general family photography, soccer games, and vacations, etc.  A friend who does film and photography recommended a refurbished Canon 6D with zoom 28-135mm and 70-300mm - which can be had for around $2k.  It is full frame, does great video/photos, and proven by being out for a while.  However, it feels big, it is a couple years old, and shoots 4.5 fps.

The Pentax K-3 seems really impressive to me as I have read many reviews on it.  I can get the body and similar zoom lenses for about the same price as the Canon.  I like what I read about the pictures it can take, speed, newer technology, and size (I know it weighs more than the 6d).  I have given up from what I read on using it to shoot video of my daughter in goal for soccer and lowered my overall budget a couple hundred dollars to buy a cheaper video camera for that.

I also considered the Sony a7 but it was of coarse a bit higher priced and not many lenses made specifically for it right now. The size of that camera is great especially for travel.

I would be interested in hearing the forums thoughts on these considerations.  Any suggestions?

IronwoodAZ's gear list:IronwoodAZ's gear list
Nokia Lumia 1020
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D Pentax K-3 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow