Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 13,462
Like?
Re: It's unfortunate that so many...
In reply to Great Bustard, 7 months ago

Great Bustard wrote:

seanmcd wrote:

1943Mike wrote:

Does anyone think that Olympus will offer an OMD camera with a 24 mp or greater sensor in the near future?

Do you need to print on a very large scale? I'd rather they improve overall IQ before adding pixels. It's not about the pixels.

...feel more pixels are at odds to "higher IQ", when, in fact, the exact opposite is almost always the case.

I would be willing to listen to your argument if you could explain further.

It hasn't been the case in the past.  The pattern was pretty clear, the chip makers produced a higher mp sensor, then the camera manufacturers produced a 1st gen camera that was a step backwards in IQ, and 18 months later the sensors were good enough for a 2nd gen version that caught up the the quality of the previous sensor.  If we were lucky a 3rd gen camera was produced that actually made strides in IQ (but not always). I'm not willing to support that tech 'improvement' model anymore.

But if you can make a case that things have changed, I'm willing to hear you out.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow