When will Fuji offer useable bracketing? On the X-T8?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steve W
Contributing MemberPosts: 706Gear list
Like?
When will Fuji offer useable bracketing? On the X-T8?
7 months ago

Ok, I have two Fuji cameras, currently they are the X-E2 and X-T1, with quite a few lenses so I'm fully invested. That said, I also still shoot with my Canon DSLRs (5D III and 1DX).

I recently wanted to do some bracketed shooting and just have to say that the Fuji's are so inferior in their offering compared to Canon. I believe Nikon has traditionally been even stronger than Canon here in their offering although on these two Canon's I think the offering is similar capability now to Nikon.

The Canon is so simple. On a configuration menu you select bracketing of 1,2,3,5,or 7 exposures. Then when you want to bracket you select bracketing on the Q menu (where it should be) and simply use the command dial to space your brackets 1/3, 1/7, 1, 1+1/3, 1+2/3, 2, 2+1/3, 2+7/3, 3, etc. The EC dial selects how these spaced brackets are centered.  So its one configuration setting and on click and spin of the command dial and you have EXTREMELY FLEXIBLE bracketing.

Has anyone at Fuji ever picket up a competitors camera and looked at their menus and capabilities? If they don't do competitive analysis that a problem they need to fix first and then fix this problem. Canon learned that Nikon was better and followed then. Fuji needs to do the same. Even Sony is better but not by much.  They need to learn as well. Heck they have produced at least 8 cameras in this product linew without getting it right. (X-100, X-Pro1, X-E1, X-M1, X-A1, X-100s, X-E2, X-T1)

When it comes to menus and shooting Fuji still needs to do more work to achieve the Canon's ease of use IMO. Heck the Q menu, which Canon has done for longer than Fuji has had X-cameras is better still because the icons are quicker to recognized and better space to make the switches quicker.

So the top of my list of fixes now that focus peaking and auto ISO have been brought up to spec is to fix exposure bracketing. I use it all the time, I never use Film profile bracketing

Just my $0.02

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7R +33 more
Canon EOS-1D Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow