Anyone else try an a6000 but stayed with their NEX-6/7?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Euell
Senior MemberPosts: 1,012Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone else try an a6000 but stayed with their NEX-6/7?
In reply to Northoceanbeach, 5 months ago

Northoceanbeach wrote:

I just purchased a nex 7 for a similar price to the a6000. I thought hard about the a6000 instead. So I'm definitely not a fanboy trying to make up reasons the 7 is better. I'm new, but the 7 just feels like a better camera for ME. I'm thinking that in reality they are very close. Better build, tri nav and level(I love the level), faster AF for the a6000. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this. the a6000 is an upgrade to the 6 not the 7 And I don't think it replaces both. I have fast auto focusing in my nikon 1. It's important, but it's not everything.

Keep watching DxOmark, which is testing various e-mount lenses with the Sony bodies, although not yet the A6000.  According to those tests, the NEX 7 sensor is inferior in effective resolution to the 20-meg. sensor in the A5000/A3000 and is surely even more inferior in effective resolution to the 24-meg sensor in the A6000.

Euell's gear list:Euell's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow