Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Abouna
Senior MemberPosts: 1,047
Like?
Any D700 users here?
7 months ago

I'm a long time time D700 user.  I love the camera.  It's PQ it right what I want.  I have no real complaints, low light is very good and is DOF.

That said, I am not shooting nearly as much as I should be.  The D700 is simply too imposing and to loud.  I literally cannot take any candid shots of my family, they chimp for everything.

What I really want is my FE2, but that isn't happening anytime soon.  I want full manual controls plus auto focus.  That about sums it up.  Couldn't care less about bells and whistles.

I've been seriously looking at the X100S (fixed lens is perfectly fine with me) or the X-T1.

By two biggest concerns are:

1- low light

2- EVF.  I hate them.  My father bought an Olympus with the VF-4 EVF, which was supposed ot be stellar............I couldn't stand it.  I'm afraid, unless the X-T1 is light years better, that I must have optical.

Any comments appreciated.

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow