Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris G Hughes
Regular MemberPosts: 386Gear list
Like?
X-E2 View Mode still missing
4 months ago

Because this is slipping below the fold in the firmware thread I thought I'd float it back up to the top for further discussion and to keep it top of mind.

The X-E2, even after Firmware 2.0 is still missing a CRITICAL view mode that seems to be present on both the X100 and the X-E1. This mode allows the photographer to use the EVF for all shooting operations but to display all playback and menus on the LCD screen. It is distinct from using the eye sensor, which constantly flips the user back and forth between the two for ALL operations and distinct from using EVF only which forces the user to use the EVF for menus and playback. In my opinion and the opinion of MANY other X-E2 photographers the lack of an additional mode that separates menu and playback from shooting operations renders the camera FAR less useful than it could and should be. Adding the view options to a fn button was nice (that was part of Firmware 2.0) but it did not address this core function, which is still missing from the camera's feature set.

Anyone here have access to Fuji's engineering team? We need (IMO) to clarify this issue so that we can finally get this mode added to the X-E2, as it should have been from the very beginning.

Chris G Hughes's gear list:Chris G Hughes's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +5 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow