Liberal Return Policies vs. "has my camera been used?": A way to Solve This

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ne beginner
Senior MemberPosts: 2,005Gear list
Like?
There are obsessive compulsive people ...
In reply to Midwest, 3 months ago

... Who worry about a smudge, blemish, or debris. But that's not what we're discussing (well, you are). Not knocking people who want a blemish free item ... they are paying for that after all. And we all have different degrees of what is acceptable in that regard. "Different strokes..." as the saying goes.

But we're talking about cameras and lenses that have been sold, used for a week, maybe as much as 30 days, returned, then re-sold to you, at full price. All completely without your knowledge. There may be hidden damage that would not be covered by the warranty. Or you have no warranty because you are the second owner.

Are you OK with that?

All a factory seal does is inform the buyer, and keep the retailer honest.

Midwest wrote:

Very well said. I've read so many posts from people upset because they bought a camera and the battery was not at 0.00 volts out of the box, or they thought they saw a bit of a fingerprint. One guy saw the tiniest, I mean 1/4 inch if that, little 'mar' line on the LCD frame of a camera. It wasn't even a scratch, it was just a tiny nearly invisible mark. He posted a large photo of the LCD and I could barely see what he was talking about.

You'd think people were going to get cooties or something.

ne beginner's gear list:ne beginner's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow