Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
net1994
Regular MemberPosts: 484
Like?
Help - Do not have lighting gear for my first wedding
3 months ago

I have been asked to photograph my sister’s wedding this weekend. I have never photographed a wedding so I am at a severe disadvantage in terms of experience. (I know many will say run for the hills, but I have set the expectations with my sister (don’t expect the world) and on some level, looking forward to it.) I have a Nikon D800 and D300. A 2.8 24-70 lens, the Nikon 2.8 70-200 and the 50mm 1.8 lens. However, the biggest downside is I have no lighting equipment. The only positive in this regard is the ceremony will be held outdoors with perfect weather. The reception will be indoors as well as the wedding party dinner the night before the ceremony.

So my questions is, would it be a waste of time for me to rent a Nikon flash? Say the SB800 or SB900? Two years I had the SB600 for about a year, but never really knew how to use it and didn’t really try to. I am missing perhaps the most critical part a photographer needs for a wedding, the lighting. If I rented the flash unit, I would have it for about 48hrs before the ceremony. But I’m thinking trying to learn it (just for the reception part) would actually take up more of my valuable time I need to prepare and I think it will be counterproductive with the amount of time I have to get ready. What do you think?

-- hide signature --

My Photography website = Happy time for your eyes:
http://www.paintbypixels.com

Nikon D300 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow