OMD with more MP?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Steve_
Senior MemberPosts: 2,037Gear list
Like?
Re: feasible within noise constraints
In reply to Jorginho, 4 months ago

Jorginho wrote:

They are about as noisy as most APS-c sensors. I can compare with D800E. Latest m43 sensors are not that noisy at all, in RAW. About 1,5-2 stops behind D800E.

They are about as good as the modern Canons, significantly worse the the good (Sony-based) APS-C. Since it is most productive to compare apples to apples, I was speaking of the Sony-based stuff as very similar technology is used in the E-M5 and 16MP Pens.

The gap is there, but narrow...A 32 MPixel mFT makes perfect sense to me.With current tech it would brin us old Panny 16 Mpixel noise performance. Fine with me.

That's wishful thinking. 32MP would be terribly noisy; 24MP would be like the old 16MP Panasonics (at best). Which in itself is not good enough in light of the modern competition. See the Nikon 1 for what happens when your interchangeable lens platform's IQ is too P&S-like.

Steve_'s gear list:Steve_'s gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow