Sold my V3 (but there's more to it)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,200Gear list
Like?
Re: We're all buying our V2s from Canada.....
In reply to Raist3d, 7 months ago

Raist3d wrote:

Scottelly wrote:

I wonder if Nikon is trying to get FT1 adapters out in the wild, but for a high price, so they make a good profit on them. What I suspect will happen over the next few months is there will be a bunch of photographers selling used FT1 adapters, because they got a new one with their V3 purchase. This means there will be photographers who own J1 or V1 or V2 cameras who will buy those used FT1 adapters and then used Nikon lenses. The fact that the used market will have fewer good deals will most likely drive new lens sales. So ultimately, the "packaging" of the V3 with all the accessories is a move to sell more lenses AND make a profit on accessories.

Yes, that's who I read it too.

Of course, I'm not sure why they don't just sell the adapter for $100 (probably still more than it costs), and then they'll sell even more lenses in the near future. Maybe not though. Who knows how this stuff really works?

Well for the USA probably to give the perception of greater value at $1,200. The problem is that a new comer like me isn't really interested in buying DSLR glass to put on this camera.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Well, right now, there is a need to use DSLR glass to get longer than 110mm, or to get a true macro.  The longer lens will come in a couple of months but it will be expensive, and supposedly there's a dedicated macro on the roadmap, but for at least those two uses presently, there's good reasons to use the FT1 with DSLR lenses.  And several of the Macro options are not particularly bulky at all.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow