Sony A7 "whithe Orbs" (or blooming ) problem...any news from sony?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Simone S
Regular MemberPosts: 160Gear list
Like?
Sony A7 "whithe Orbs" (or blooming ) problem...any news from sony?
7 months ago

Hi to everyone.

I'm going to buy a Sony A7 or A7r with my preference going to the A7 becase i wanted to use it with wide angle legacy glasses and as you know the a7r has problems with magenta color casts with leica glasses. But i was reading an old thread about "white orbs" reflections in the A7 sensor( here the link to the thread: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52986111  ) ....and since than i saw that problem appearing almost in every shot i see in flickr in dim light with source lights in. You can see that problem showing up also in pictures taken from famous reviewers... (Steve Huff for example and even Dp review has  one picture when you can see it). I have a sony RX1 that i love and it's supposed to have the same sensor but is problem free..

The bug is not acceptable to me because i often shoot in very dim light with strong light sources inside the frame, so, there are any news by Sony?

Anyone has a camera free from that problem?

Thx in advance.

Simone

Simone S's gear list:Simone S's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow