Sold my V3 (but there's more to it)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
MJW1
Contributing MemberPosts: 629Gear list
Like?
Re: Sold my V3 (but there's more to it)
In reply to Raist3d, 4 months ago

Hey Ricardo

I just wanted to say thank you for all the work you put into sharing your views on the V3, across multiple threads. At a time when so many people on the forum were waiting with bated breath for information, you provided it (along with other members, but perhaps none so generously as you).

You went to considerable trouble to explain your reasons for selling the V3 and your views on its competitors and why they aren't suited to your photographic needs. This kind of information is useful as we should all realise that no camera is perfect (pretty much all current cameras - at least ILCs - are capable of excellent images and being near perfect for the right user - but ALL come with compromises). Understanding why a particular camera does not meet one person's needs may give us insight into our own needs and how they can best be met.

You took a bunch of photos to demonstrate the V3's output. You clearly noted that some of them were not of a standard you would normally post as 'photographic', but you were posting them for the benefit of others. Some were genuinely 'photographic' (the one of the glowing guy at the bus shelter or whatever it is - that is a brilliant image with real other world/other time feel to it; others are also excellent). These, and the other images you posted from your portfolio, show you are an accomplished photographer.

While some members have responded decently and appropriately, others have harshly and unfairly criticised you and forced you to defend your views, right down to the minutiae of your syntax and word choices. You have been subjected to baseless angst - for trying to be helpful.

Some people really should take a good hard look at themselves.

Thanks for sharing.

MJW1's gear list:MJW1's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm FinePix S1 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Nikon D50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow