Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 32,877Gear list
Like?
Re: I love reviews like this one.
In reply to Mahmoud Mousef, 3 months ago

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:

dougjgreen1 wrote:

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:

Most folks actually do that. That's the problem with MicroSD cards.

I do it too...rather than connect the camera up with a cable. But honestly, it's not a big issue. MicroSD + SD adapter into laptop or whatever. It's hardly worth a whinge, really. While shooting, the cards are so big nowadays (storage-wise) that it's hardly necessary to remove one. Plus this camera has wi-fi.

Price-wise, 64GB is the "sweet spot" for pricing as we speak. It buys you the most GB for your dollar in most cases.

Some people hate the idea of tracking the little card which can be lost, and now an extra flimsy adapter.  As Doug said- "most people actually do that."- take the card out.

If you do and doesn't bother you cool. It sure bugs me a bit too.

What Nikon could have done here to justify the move to the card and also part of the price is to have provided *dual* MicroSD card slots with all the professional workflow and fault tolerance benefits that would have entailed.  It would have been a *unique* feature of the camera and would have made many say it's an acceptable tradeoff for the workflow or fault tolerance on critical assignments.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow