Why all the Df hate?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
paulski66
Senior MemberPosts: 2,099Gear list
Like?
Re: Haters gonna hate
In reply to seahawk, 7 months ago

seahawk wrote:

You might be surprised that I do not own a Df (but a D800) and do not even want a Df. But I also have no motivation to convince Df fans that their camera is not good or overpriced or whatever. ...

-- hide signature --

hobby aviation photographer

You may be surprised to learn that nor do I have a need to convince Df fans that their camera is no good. Honestly, I could care less about what other people shoot. I have a d600 and I love it.

I was very intrigued by the Df, pre-announcement. When it was finally announced, I was somewhat disappointed. I think Nikon had a great idea, and sloppy execution. And I think it is over-priced. But I don't start threads to that effect, and have never entered a thread with the purpose of telling someone they made a bad purchase.

When people come on the forum asking whether they should buy a Df or d610, I will sometimes point out that the d610 is a more complete camera, a better bargain, etc. If that makes me a hater, oh well...

paulski66's gear list:paulski66's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow