Why A7S will be more expensive then the A7R...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
spacemn
Contributing MemberPosts: 854
Like?
Why A7S will be more expensive then the A7R...
3 months ago

It is rumoured that the A7S price is disclosed next week... ado you dare to guess how much it costs?

I just went to the Sony store website and discovered a few indicators suggesting it may be more expensive than not only the A7 but also A7R

Apart from the - I assume - more sophisticated processing unit to render 4K video I also saw the following:

- Full mag. body: The A7S has the same expensive milled-from-one-piece top dials as the A7R, suggesting it has got the more expensive body than the A7 at least.

- The mount: You can see in the picture that the the mount flange is all metal (stainless steel I read) whereas the A7 and A7R has a partly plastic mount flange (the locking pieces are plastic).

- It comes with two FW50 batteries. A7 and A7R only come with one each.

- AF in light as low as EV -4, the A7R and A7 AFs down to 0EV only

- A7S comes with a charger

Granted, the A7R may have a more sophisticated sensor that is more expensive to produce (in equal quantities), but the A7S sensor is for now only used in one product and will be produced in much less quantities than the 36mpix sensor, which makes it potentially more expensive.

Link: http://store.sony.com/a7s-full-frame-mirrorless-camera-zid27-ILCE7S/B/cat-27-catid-All-Alpha-NEX-Cameras;pgid=Y.dku_QFiPhSRpWgG33R55pL0000e7M466aV?_t=pfm%3Dsearch%26SearchTerm%3Da7s

My wild guess is that the A7S will be at least $2799

Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow