>>> Street Photography eXchange #98 <<<

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
J Mountford
Regular MemberPosts: 112Gear list
Like?
Re: My 20 cents
In reply to geraldPP, 7 months ago

I have toned it down quiet a bit and don't use Photomatrix for HDR anymore, in fact, I despise the look.  I use Lightroom now for most of my processing, finding Photomatrix does some weird stuff, albeit I do use it for things like giving a photograph more punch, then turn it all back down just to get my workflow faster.

Some of the photos I have in my gallery are from my HDR days where I was an avid player. I have spent zero time uploading to my gallery, they are photos that automatically get there when I post in a forum or contest.

In my critique of of your photograph, I felt the temple was the center, the monk was just there and on closer examination it looked like he was taking his work home. Interesting photo, after living in China for 7 years I never saw a Monk with a brief case, or anything more then a cloth shoulder bag.

I've been around camera's since I was a child, getting my first fully adjustable camera when I was 9 or so if I remember correctly, which would be about 1959. The biggest mistake I ever made was turning pro in the early 80's, I lost my love of photography, it was just a job. Now I do it just for me after a long hiatus.

In my opinion, and it's only my humble opinion, digital has ruined photography. The learning curve is so short now, that plus a few seminars on Photoshop and composition, anyone with an eye and a love of photography can do what everyone else is doing. I see so many fine photographs here that would grace the cover of National Geographic years ago, now what most of us have, myself included, is places like this.

Jim

-- hide signature --

"Life is so simple, but we insist on making it complicated"
Confucius

J Mountford's gear list:J Mountford's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G Adobe Photoshop CS6 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
pinkNew
HiNew
DaliNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow