AF-C problems solved by AF Fine Tune or am I imagining things?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Robert Palmqvist
Regular MemberPosts: 448
Like?
Re: Very interesting
In reply to olyflyer, 10 months ago

I have used the 105 as a short tele (shooting sports) and had no problems (AF-C but with moving subjects). I also used it for portraits (with no AF problems) and I never had any problems using it for macro (but usually using MF instead of AF for macro). I am not sure I would have noticed anything if it wasn't for my bad behaving 24-85. But I was already on my toes and switched from the 24-85 to the 105 (because of this annoying behavior) when I was on a walk a couple of weeks ago. It was a bright spring day with a lot of shades of brown (here in Sweden).

I was planning on some macro shots (and it worked fine) but kept the lens on since I was frustrated by the 24-85. So I started to shoot with the 105 as I had been shooting with the 24-85 (random pictures in the forest). I have to admit that focus conditions was a bit more tricky than a focus card or a black cross on a white wall but nothing extreme. This is when I experienced a similar behavior as with the 24-85 (same configuration using AF-C and AF-On). And that is why I included it with my 24-85 as one of the "tricky" ones...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow