AF-C problems solved by AF Fine Tune or am I imagining things?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Robert Palmqvist
Regular MemberPosts: 447
Like?
Re: You have not included any images
In reply to Leonard Shepherd, 7 months ago

Thanks Leonard but cleaning the bayonet and contacts was my first action. My AF problems was not due to bad focus targets. The flickering VF "rangefinder" indicators was not due to bad contrast, tricky light sources or subjects. I could quite easily get into a state where these indicator lights flickered like crazy even when focusing on a perfect focus target (like a focus card or a black cross on a white wall). You might think it was due to me not being able to hold still and/or slightly shifting the focus plane but no. I have ruled it out by using a tripod and AF might still hunt. Note that we are not talking about moving targets or bad targets, we talk about static targets with great contrast and camera on a tripod. I still manage to get into a state where AF (while keeping AF-On button pressed and AF-C enabled) continuously micro adjust and never settles (VF "rangefinder" indicators flickers like crazy and focus is never acquired).

This "crazy" behavior is gone after AF Fine Tune is enabled (as described in my first post).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow