Battery re-charging problems in Spain

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 12,945Gear list
Like?
That's always been my understanding.
In reply to Doug J, 4 months ago

Everything I've read in the past indicates it is primarily a cost-cutting measure, found especially in countries where electricity cost is higher. Safety is a nice by-product, but we don't read daily news of hotels going up in flames due to air conditioning or TVs being left on. If safety were the primary concern, some governments would have required the system. They may yet require the system, but it would be more like the phasing out of the old-technology, electricity-hungry light bulbs. In some places, the use of the card also alerts the hotel staff to when you are present, and when you leave. I noticed that in a couple of hotels in which I've stayed recently, within seconds of my leaving, someone knows and immediately comes in to clean the room.

I've gotten use to it over the years and don't have a problem with it; as others have said, you just recharge your batteries, shavers, phones, etc., when you are in the room. No biggee.

-- hide signature --

"Knowledge is good." Emil Faber

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow