New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: I'm NOT knocked out with RX100M2
In reply to Dennis, 6 months ago

Barker

Farm Fresh E

Hawaii Blues

Pet Me!!!!  

I am a pro photographer on island in Hawaii. I travel and use my iPhone a lot daily for my social media needs. I knew a friend with a Sony QX100 so was intrigued and got one. It was fun for a moment. Then I educated myself more properly and realized for a couple hundred dollars more I could shoot in RAW and a 10fps AND connect to the camera via wifi and still control the camera remotely a bit too....sold! I am a long time Canon G series user. G9, G10's, G11 blah blah blah you get the idea. An expert for what it's worth with those little guys and could write a book on using them creatively so know them as well as anyone. So I compare my point and shoot experiences to those usually....especially the macro ability since to me not much can touch the minimum focus distance to say my G12 for example. With that being said I heard nothing but positive and praise regarding the Sony RX100 II so was amped to get shooting! The camera definitely took some time alone with it to figure out and familiarize myself with ALL the settings and menu functions. Read paper and digital manuals and watched hours of reviews and tutorials which helped a lot figuring out the little secret hand shakes to the camera.

There are still some things when out and about shooting like that front control ring that seem to not operate consistently. For example I have it set to control the aperture and I will adjust with that front control ring and all is as expected and then ill shoot and attempt to adjust aperture again and nothing happens. Not sure why, but I have run into lots of little things such as that which really confuses me and slows down the creative photographic process...not cool. I have already taken some really great shots with it and am super impressed with the files. I own a Nikon D4 and D800 so know a decent file and this is solid throughout...let alone for something you can palm in your hand. I am wanting to love this camera and hoping I just have to spend more time with it to work through the kinks which are making it less enjoyable to use. It has to feel right and just isn't quite there for me yet. Oh and the macro is definitely a feature that could be better and improved on. It doesn't come close to the a canon G series point and shoots for example. Not bad but not good either....a negative or on my con list. Aloha

A few sample images from past couple days too.

North Shore Hawaii

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
hypeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow