In reply to Veijo Vilva, 7 months ago

Veijo Vilva wrote:

photoreddi wrote:

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:

photoreddi wrote:

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:

dougjgreen1 wrote:

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:
To date, the fastest microSD cards I've seen have write speeds that are only about 1/2 the speed of the fastest SDHC cards.

I can only speak for myself here. I have felt no need to get any card faster than UHS-1 (or any more expensive than that). MicroSD should be technically the same as what SD offers. If there are differences then I have lost touch with the finer points since I am completely satisfied with the performance.

Your quoting is a bit defective. You've made it appear that you are the author of what I wrote.

MicroSD could be technically the same as what SD offers, but if the memory card manufacturers don't produce comparable cards, cameras that use microSD instead of SDHC cards will have a disadvantage. Specifically, based on speed ratings for the products that B&H sells, there are two SDHC cards that claim to be able to write at 80MB/s and 90MB/s and the fastest two microSD cards claim 40MB/s and 50MB/s.

SanDisk Extreme Pro microSDHC™ UHS-I card claims to write upto 90 Mb/s, see

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/microsd/extremepro-uhs-i/

Yes, it appears to have the same capability as Sandisk's Extreme Pro SDHC card. Not many people are going to buy their memory cards directly from Sandisk though. B&H has an extensive inventory of memory cards that makes it easy to locate desired products even if the manufacturers and product names aren't known, and as of about a week ago they didn't have the microSD version for sale.

I just used google to search for the above card and voila, there it was :

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com in easy-to-open packaging.

Thanks for spurring my search. I no longer care very much that the V3 uses microSD cards but I still wish that Nikon had stuck with SDHC/SDXC.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow