Like?
Re: I love reviews like this one.
In reply to Mahmoud Mousef, 7 months ago

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:

photoreddi wrote:

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:

dougjgreen1 wrote:

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:
To date, the fastest microSD cards I've seen have write speeds that are only about 1/2 the speed of the fastest SDHC cards.

I can only speak for myself here. I have felt no need to get any card faster than UHS-1 (or any more expensive than that). MicroSD should be technically the same as what SD offers. If there are differences then I have lost touch with the finer points since I am completely satisfied with the performance.

Your quoting is a bit defective. You've made it appear that you are the author of what I wrote.

MicroSD could be technically the same as what SD offers, but if the memory card manufacturers don't produce comparable cards, cameras that use microSD instead of SDHC cards will have a disadvantage. Specifically, based on speed ratings for the products that B&H sells, there are two SDHC cards that claim to be able to write at 80MB/s and 90MB/s and the fastest two microSD cards claim 40MB/s and 50MB/s.

You may have no need for the fastest cards but that's no solace for those that do. Many Class(10) memory cards still being sold have only 10MB/s write speeds. I'm sure that some photographers use these cards and have no complaints about their very slow speeds and would say so if you asked them. If you were somehow forced to use these slow cards I doubt that you'd still be "completely satisfied with the performance" even though others are. I hope that you understand my point.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow