photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 4,319
Like?
Re: I love reviews like this one.
In reply to Mahmoud Mousef, 5 months ago

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:

dougjgreen1 wrote:

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:

Most folks actually do that. That's the problem with MicroSD cards.

I do it too...rather than connect the camera up with a cable. But honestly, it's not a big issue. MicroSD + SD adapter into laptop or whatever. It's hardly worth a whinge, really. While shooting, the cards are so big nowadays (storage-wise) that it's hardly necessary to remove one. 64GB is the "sweet spot" for pricing as we speak. It buys you the most GB for your dollar in most cases.

You're considering only size; what about speed? The V3 should certainly benefit from the fastest memory cards unless its write bandwidth can't take full advantage of the fastest memory cards. To date, the fastest microSD cards I've seen have write speeds that are only about 1/2 the speed of the fastest SDHC cards. This suggests that the amount of time that the V3 needs to flush its buffer to the memory cards during long, fast, RAW bursts will be substantially longer than the amount of time needed by the V2. Maybe someone that has a V2 as well as a V3 (and has the fastest available cards) can test this?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow