A6000 + Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 and Sonnar 1.8/55 (model shoot pics)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,279Gear list
Like?
A6000 + Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 and Sonnar 1.8/55 (model shoot pics)
2 months ago

Finally got some nice weather here and did a photoshoot by the lake. Took some fitness shots too including some with the model running fast towards me. I've prepared for the latter as I even had it pre-programmed under one of my memory settings. My settings are: AF-C, high bursts, f/2.2 aperture using flexible spot center point right on model's middle section, AF tracking on. I'm happy with the results considering that I had zero success when I tried this with the NEX-6 prior to the latest firmware upgrade. I still got a few out of focus shots but definitely not bad for a mirrorless camera. It's nowhere close to the performance of my Canon 1DMKIII but then again it is less bulkier than the Canon.

Having said the above, overall, I am ecstatic about how fast the A6000 focuses. Unless I plan to shoot sports again, I am considering trading off the rest of my DSLR equipment. More or less I've replicated my Canon DSLR gear with little compromise at a smaller package to boot! I'm just waiting for that Zeiss 85/1.8 to complete my lens lineup.

Here are the ones I have processed so far:

http://www.pbase.com/jmb_56/a6000_nikki

As always, I welcome all comments.

Cheers,

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Canon EOS-1D Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow