Rank Oly lenses in terms of sharpness

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
gteague
Contributing MemberPosts: 983Gear list
Like?
Re: Sometimes a stop makes all the difference. ;-) NT
In reply to Ollie 2, 4 months ago

imho, the oly 12-40/2.8 pro wipes the floor with the pan 12-35/2.8 on panasonic bodies. excepting the oly 75/1.8, the 12-40 is the sharpest of dozens of m43 lenses i've owned--it is truly extraordinary. i no longer bother to sharpen images taken with it at all--i am uploading them straight out of the camera to flickr. and i am an obsessive sharpener--if i'm not bothering to sharpen it is truly remarkable!
since the focal lengths are so different, it's difficult to compare apples to apples with the 12-40 against the 75. and the 75 doesn't need much if any sharpening most of the time, so they are closely comparable in that regards.
at any rate, the 12-40 is the best lens purchase i've ever made even if the lens is larger and heavier than i'd like for an m43 lens.
/guy

-- hide signature --

"The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks!" ~Henri Cartier-Bresson

gteague's gear list:gteague's gear list
RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow