OMD with more MP?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
NowHearThis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,308Gear list
Like?
Eventually, but it may be later rather than sooner.
In reply to 1943Mike, 6 months ago

1943Mike wrote:

Does anyone think that Olympus will offer an OMD camera with a 24 mp or greater sensor in the near future?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say: no.  I'd bet it'll be 2 years before we hear of a 24mp (or greater) sensor M43.

I don't think they'll put a sensor like that in anything but an E-M1 replacement  to start with.  No facts, just my own guess.

Given the high praise for the E-M10 over at Imaging Resource and the fact that they said you can make great 24"x36" prints at base ISO, and pleasing 16"x20" prints at ISO1600, I for one won't see to upgrade from an E-M10 (when I buy it here soon) if the biggest difference/"improvement" is just MP count.  95% of my biggest prints are only 16x20 and that's when I shoot at base ISO.  I've done a few 20x30, and a couple 24x36, but my favorite print size is 16"x20".  The M43 sensor is close perfect for that type of aspect ratio (it doesn't have to be exactly 5:4, the 4:3 give me a little wiggle room when cropping to 5:4 and I only lose 1MP, that's a fair trade IMO).

-- hide signature --

NHT
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow