no Quattro sample images Locked

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
richard stone
Senior MemberPosts: 1,621
Re: Sigma's problem:
In reply to maple, 7 months ago

maple wrote:

You really sound like a fan boy, but I’m all with you. You missed the best bit though: It does not only out resolve FF, but does so in style, with the same colour purity, depth and intensity of the earlier Foveon.

On the other hand, I'll resist it. It won't be too hard, with help of the new design.

-- hide signature --

Maple

Hmmm. Fan boy. Actually, at my age, I suppose boy of any kind is okay. Unless "boy" is meant as an insult. At which point...It's still ok.

But seriously, I don't see how this translates to fan boy. I simply assume, for the sake of discussion at this point, that the statements from Sigma are reasonably accurate. If true, they will not be able to keep them on the shelves, etc. Combined with greater ease of use and speed the superb "resolution" should make the camera very enticing to many.

As to the shape of the camera/design: suppose, just suppose, for a moment, that it works very well in hand and it is also entirely necessary, and might indeed be the least offensive of all the various possible designs considering the issues with the sensor and processing and the battery. There is no reason to assume the opposite, that the design is the result of some ghastly and misguided whim.

Is there some reason why (serious) cameras must have the form of a rectangular (black) box?

My past experience is exclusively with the SD10, and the crispness of those big pixels ought to be exceeded by this new camera when binned. Now that should be something to see.

Richard

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow