I'm NOT knocked out with RX100M2

Started May 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
Dennis
Forum ProPosts: 14,787
Like?
Re: I'm NOT knocked out with RX100M2
In reply to knox, May 7, 2014

knox wrote:

I bought a RX100M2 last week and so far I am completely underwhelmed. As a photographer I shoot analog Hasselblads, Nikon F100, Nikon D3 etc etc . . and have been carrying around a Rollei 35SE or the F100 in a messenger bag.

Is that where I will find the so called 'magic' everyone is talking about or did I just expect too much?

You expected too much. People who are impressed with the camera are those who are accustomed to being dissatisfied with smart phones and/or other compact cameras.

Could also be a case of pixel peeping 20MP images rather than printing. One Canon 5D-II user a while ago said he was content with well-shot RX100 photos printed up to 11x17 for exhibition.

I look at it as amazing for what it is - a pocketable compact with a built in zoom. Not amazing compared to a DSLR. I'd love an EVF ... and when I tried carrying a Sony NEX instead of my DSLR, quickly found that I despised not having a VF. But in a pocket camera, I find that I just accept the lack of a VF ... even my old Canon A610 with its peephole VF was too big to fit in my pockets.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
hypeNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow