I'm NOT knocked out with RX100M2

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Dennis
Forum ProPosts: 14,119
Like?
Re: I'm NOT knocked out with RX100M2
In reply to knox, 7 months ago

knox wrote:

I bought a RX100M2 last week and so far I am completely underwhelmed. As a photographer I shoot analog Hasselblads, Nikon F100, Nikon D3 etc etc . . and have been carrying around a Rollei 35SE or the F100 in a messenger bag.

Is that where I will find the so called 'magic' everyone is talking about or did I just expect too much?

You expected too much. People who are impressed with the camera are those who are accustomed to being dissatisfied with smart phones and/or other compact cameras.

Could also be a case of pixel peeping 20MP images rather than printing. One Canon 5D-II user a while ago said he was content with well-shot RX100 photos printed up to 11x17 for exhibition.

I look at it as amazing for what it is - a pocketable compact with a built in zoom. Not amazing compared to a DSLR. I'd love an EVF ... and when I tried carrying a Sony NEX instead of my DSLR, quickly found that I despised not having a VF. But in a pocket camera, I find that I just accept the lack of a VF ... even my old Canon A610 with its peephole VF was too big to fit in my pockets.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
hypeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow