>>> Street Photography eXchange #98 <<<

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
fad
fad
Forum ProPosts: 12,147Gear list
Like?
Thank you, Xara
In reply to Xara, 4 months ago

for reading my comment and intentions correctly.

I thought my comment on Sal was addressed for her benefit, and for everyone, to think about the need for both openness to comments from others, which are vital, and, at the same time to be open to oneself, to the unique vision that only the "I" that I inhabit, can bring as a gift to the world.   If one cannot hear the voice if that "I" when it surfaces, then it disappears.  It is to see that "I" of the photographer that we look at so many photos where the "I" is obscured.

It was an important statement about the process we are engaged in as artists, if we think of ourselves that way.   I think my comment was a gift, a gift to me to have it, and a gift from me to share it.   It was one of the most important posts I have made here, out of many, IMHO.

I was taken aback when people I look on as online friends and colleagues decided its purpose was to be a direct insult to them.   These are not the kinds of thoughts that angels suggest to us, we who are met here as friends and fellow photographers.

I wish we were all gathered together so I could offer everyone a beer, to good fellowship and good cheer.  But since that is not possible, why not go ahead and take a beer from your fridge and think of it as on me. 

-- hide signature --

Frank
shot in downtown Manhattan.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)
Always view all photos in Gallery or Original Size

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4s Nikon D810 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
pinkNew
HiNew
DaliNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow