I'm NOT knocked out with RX100M2

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
knox
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,563
Like?
Re: I'm NOT knocked out with RX100M2
In reply to elliottnewcomb, 7 months ago

elliottnewcomb wrote:

Many wonderful photographs there, thanks for the link. Who trains the cats for you?

It's actually a colony of alleycats that I found living at the studio. I began caring for them, got them spayed / neutered, tried to find homes, protect them and bring their struggles to the public in a photography book / calendars /note cards etc that was published in 2006. It sold well . . gave proceeds to animal rights organizations etc. but more importantly it brought their plight to people all over who got proactive to care for colonies in their various neighborhoods. Who says cat photos have no meaning? These are not typical cat photos of 'kitty in a basket w/ yarn'. Of course I'm FAR from the first to care for alleycats or bring their plight to people. Sadly the publishing company I was signed to screwed the photos up somewhat. I can't even look at the thing . . . so be it! There are a couple shots in my gallery from the book . . . as well as others for anyone who may want to know if I have a clue about a camera. Who knows? Maybe I don't!

There were even some shots in the book taken with the lowly 5050

btw . . I'm primarily a dog guy. There is also a photo of my boy Lukas, a Giant Schnauzer. Though I am for underdogs, which the alleycats were.

As far as the cat shots . . I had little to do with them. Just had great, soulful models is all. All I had to do was throw the camera somewhat close to them, they did the rest.

-- hide signature --

Knox

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
hypeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow