Liberal Return Policies vs. "has my camera been used?": A way to Solve This

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Full Frame
Regular MemberPosts: 174Gear list
Like?
Re: It's not the 1% of shutter life ... it's who was doing the clicking, and where ...
In reply to ne beginner, 7 months ago

ne beginner wrote:

Peter Jonas wrote:

Patrick McMahon wrote:

Full Frame wrote:

I am sure that every X amount of cameras are pulled from the assembly line and tested. Are they used. What is acceptable actuations. What about having outside of every box shipped from manufacturer and retailer have the number of actuations on it. This way you know what you are buying.

My Df had 200+ which I (and others) welcomed, they upped their QC. To some though, that is a 1% use of the shutters life.

If the 200 actuations were infact were part of a factory QA testing I would not mind it at all.

I would agree however, that a note in the box from the manufacturer to that effect would be useful.

The 200 actuations are closer to being 0.1% of the Df's shutter life.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Peter Jonas

Same here. If Nikon did it at the factory, great. It probably means extra attention checking in something ... something that if they did not check it, I might have to discover ... and deal with ... all on my own later.

It's not the 200 actuations, or the % of shutter life. It's who was clicking away. Some guy in the beach with sand blowing around? Or a Nikon technician making sure everything was 100% right?

Think about it, what incentive do thy have to do anything. It is not in their interest. We have to pull teeth just to get a software upgrade. Lets see what happens with the trap focus for D800.

Full Frame's gear list:Full Frame's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow