Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tamzunc
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
OMD M10
4 months ago

First of all, I'm not a beginner, having used various digital cameras and menu systems, but this seems as good a place as any.  After much research here and many other sources, I decided to get an OM M10 over A6000, including the discussion on DPReview.  I did this all on the internet, alas, without holding either one--caveat emptor!.  Well when I received initially the OMD M10, it is a sweet, beautiful little camera, comfortable to carry and shoot.  However, I was absolutely shocked at how useless the manual was--I work in a technical field that requires a lot of good explanation, and even after reading a number of guides for the OMD M5 (the best thing available) I'm at a loss to understand of functions.  I think some of the ergonomics are poor: on/off switch lower back; review button up on top; and view button on the side of EVF.  I am sure the pictures are great but it seems to me you have to be a semi-pro to use it well.  I did go to a store today and liked the ergonomics and controls of the a6000 a lot more as well as the menus.  I don't intend this to be an anti-Olympus rant; but I am very frustrated and quite tempted to return the OMD M10.

My question is this:   I'm curious how many OMD M10 owners have had this initial difficult experience, and what helped them cope with it and get a good feel for the camera or not.

Would anything other than a tutor be enough?  It seems it would take a lot of trial and error to figure things out.

And thanks to all who provide such a range of good info in these fora.

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow