Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MinAZ
Senior MemberPosts: 1,100
Like?
Some SOOC JPGs (a Day in the Park)
7 months ago

I decided to experiment with SOOC JPG settings in a more, how shall I put it, "user-friendly" mode. In the past I had posted some shots with no-processing, in really harsh-light of fast-moving objects, which frankly made me want to cry while using the G1 X II (the camera did okay but it struggled with dynamic range, autofocus, etc...) I was advised that the camera would do better using a HDR mode. Well that could only be done using JPG-only shooting, so I said goodbye to raw for a few days while I experimented with other shooting modes. Long story short, I wasn't terribly impressed with HDR even though blown highlights were reduced a fair bit. However, I did like the "super-vivid" aka "parrot" mode, of which I shall post some sample pics. What better subject to shoot super-vivid than a national park?

All pics are SOOC, no processing at all. I think the camera performs far better in this mode (and with non-moving objects).

Grand Canyon National Park (USA)

Canon PowerShot G1 X II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow