Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chevypower
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
My New D610 and 28-300
5 months ago

So far I love the camera and lens.  The lens is a perfect all-rounder.  So here's my experience level before you judge my pics too harshly. I have occasionally used DSLRs, and rented them out to people, but never had one for my own personal use. I have had some video production education and experience, and I took b&w 35mm photography back in high school (1996). So I decided I want to take great photos, I know I have a lot to learn, though I understand basic composition and how cameras work to get certain types of pics. I'm hoping to get to know this camera a lot better, before I go on a road trip along the west coast (LA to Seattle) in three weeks. I took these pics in Swan Valley, Idaho.  I think the SD card I was using was fairly limiting on speed (Class 2 Micro SD 4GB), though it could have been my unfamiliarity with the camera too.  Going to an intermediate photography class soon, so hope that will help me use the camera to its potential.

First day of shooting: Album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/124372296@N06/sets/72157644127121379/

Could have gotten it right above my head if I had of set it to "continuous"

Taking a pic of the view, I was like "what do I focus on?" I picked the tree and hoped the DOF was deep enough to still enjoy the view of the river and canyon.

Bokeh test

This is my favorite view of Swan Valley

Just trying to be creative

This is where I enjoyed having the flexibility of a real zoom lens (28-300).  Though for wildlife, I realize I am going to need the new Tamron 150-600 because this deer wasn't that far away, and the lens was at 300.

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow