Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RobbertJan
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
Visiting Leica Wetzlar
2 months ago

We went on a short holiday in the German Black Forest last week. From Holland, it is but a small diversion to travel via Wetzlar, so we decided to take the opportunity to visit the new Leica facility. It was very nice, even though the photo exposition or factory tour were not even available yet.

The boutique store and photographic studio definitely were accessible (although also still not fully operational), so I had a good look at all the equipment displayed, including the new Leica T with accessories.

A polite Leica gentleman gave me one of the very few available printed brochures for the T, as I was looking at this intently, it being stored behind glass doors - and rightfully decided that I would probably like to try out the camera itself even more.

A thoroughly convincing solid block of a camera indeed! The unibody feels great in the hands and I also liked the smooth operation of the touch interface. Very straightforward and simple to use.

By some coincidence, we also saw Dr Kaufmann showing off the T to some official visitors, while being photographed in the lobby area.

All in all, a very interesting morning. I will certainly go back there at a later time, when tour and expo are really open to the public.

-- hide signature --

RobbertJan

RobbertJan's gear list:RobbertJan's gear list
Leica Summarit-M 35mm f/2.5 Leica Summarit-M 75mm f/2.5 +10 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow