Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
turbsy
Contributing MemberPosts: 672Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji XT1 56 1.2 and the 60 2.4
In reply to slimandy, 4 months ago

slimandy wrote:

tecnoworld wrote:

Nice pics. I'll buy a fuji and finally move away from samsung nx as soon as they increase the mp count in a future camera.

Why do you need more pixels?

I was chatting to a friend of mine the other day. He had a Nikon D700 then bought a D800 and D800E. He has sold the D800's and is now thinking of buying a D700 again. He preferred the images it produced. Each to their own of course, but so do I.

I have seen some superb quality A3 prints from 4m pixel cameras. I snigger inside when someone suggests 16m isn't enough.

Funny I laugh when people said 6mp  then 12mp then 24mp.   people have been saying that whatever the norm at the time  is enough since the start of digital.  In 5 years form now people will look at 16mp like they look at 6 now.

For me after having 36mp in a D800 I really don't think 16 mp is enough.  The difference even in a 12x18 print from 12 mp to 36mp was huge and the colors from any camera can be duplicated.

-- hide signature --

www.andrewsandersphotography.co.uk

turbsy's gear list:turbsy's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D50 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Uh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow