I'm NOT knocked out with RX100M2

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
1JB
1JB
Senior MemberPosts: 1,072
Like?
Re: Easy Answer - Return it
In reply to knox, 5 months ago

With the gear you list as having I don't know why you expect to be knocked out and see magic from the RX1. People rave about it but at the end you certainly realized it was going to be a small point and shoot. You have to fiddle to get more manual results but even when you do in the end its a small zoom lens on a small point and shoot with the limitations that brings along with it, albeit with a very good sensor. I have one and use it as you apparently intended to and have been very impressed by the output particularly in post processing but my expectations were in check. My point is as an experienced photographer you shouldn't be blaming this type of camera for not knocking your socks off. A lot of the people that do rave about it surely haven't used the gear you have.

Here's the part where you convinced me you should return it: "Yea I don't expect it to take shots as good as my main cameras but I just find the images rather bland and with the cliche sterile, 'pocket camera' digital 'look'. ... I hate looking at an LCD to take photos and the add-on electronic viewfinder is too expensive to add to a camera when the images are just mediocre."

Even the RX1 which I also own has it's limitations but for the size and a full frame sensor with a fantastic lens attached I wouldn't use those limitations to say it doesn't knock me out even though I don't see any "magic" in the results. There's always some limitation. The M9, Canon MKIII, every camera I've owned has underwhelmed me with something and had its limitation. It's a point and shoot that you thought would knock your socks off and it didn't so return it.  It's not mediocre, the images aren't bland, they take a beating in pp and to say it has a sterile, pocket camera digital look doesn't invite constructive feedback.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
hypeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow