Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,190Gear list
Like?
Lizard, Birds, Frog, Bug, Eggs - A6000 & 55-210mm
7 months ago

More of my shots from this past weekend, from the ugly overcast rain-shortened wetlands shoot with the A6000...this time, the non-flying wildlife...same combo as usual - A6000, 55-210mm lens, DH1758 teleextender...

Lovely tricolor heron mom standing over her nest

Even in overcast grey skies, the yellow and green wetlands plants can diffuse and color the light, making it feel much warmer...this dragonfly was standing out with some diffuse backlighting

This anole was sitting on a fence in the shade - combined with the overcast grey skies, that meant ISO3200 needed at F6.3 and 1/200 shutter...fortunately, this camera is quite comfortable at ISO3200 for me at least!

This frog was sort of hiding - his vibrant neon green color did make him stand out.  That weird greasy gleam on the water are algae starting to bloom as we go into summer - the water will be solid green with duckweed and algae in another month or so

A big, ol purple swamphen, invading his way through Florida, eating all the roots of the reeds

A boat-tailed grackle showing some of his iridescence as he sits on the rail and watches me

Black-necked stilt, standing off her nest to roll her eggs a bit before settling back down.  They build their nests right at the waterline, making them prime targets for alligators - the moms will walk away from the nest to draw the predator's attention, and rely on the relative camouflage of the eggs to not be noticed.

You can see her lifting one of the eggs to gently maneuver it - making sure no hot or cold spots while she's waiting for them to hatch

A lovely mating-color male least bittern out walking around looking for food to bring back to his baby-momma, who's busy minding the nest

Sneaking a peek through the leaves, I could just see into this glossy ibis nest, where mom was resting while her newly hatched chicks stretch and look around

Comments, questions, critique welcomed as always!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ron,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow