Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
magneto shot
Senior MemberPosts: 1,275Gear list
Sigma Photo Pro, needs serious updating
5 months ago

I find that its needs some refinement. I am pledging my time and skills here, if anyone knows sigma contact for developing the Sigma Photo software, i am willing to do it FOC and do some improvement on it. Sign NDA whatever. i can fly to japan if need and work on an allocated machine without the risk of taking any source code out.

Its hard for Sigma to be adopted by more pros without a proper workflow, and at least do some minor improvements like slider bars instead of that color chart,  stop traversing an entire folder when starting and other more adobe compatible hot keys, eg zoom etc. The software at 5.5 still bombs out on occasion that is a bit too frequent to ignore.

Now with the Quattro in the pipeline, the SPP is a deal killer to some.

Or, just ignore whatever rant i have here, if Sigma is moving its X3F to DNG. That imho, is the best format since *cough some of the best software already supports it. Both Leica and Samsung as small players relatively in camera market, was wise to adopt DNG. I am pretty sure almost everything can be moved to DNG, not sure about "X3Fill light", is that a combo of clarity+highlight tweak or totally out of this world.

-- hide signature --

www.marcuslowphotos.com

magneto shot's gear list:magneto shot's gear list
Leica X Vario Sigma SD15 Leica M9 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Nikon D4 +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow