Another odd thing about the Leica T (after playing with one)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
love_them_all
Senior MemberPosts: 2,734
Like?
Another odd thing about the Leica T (after playing with one)
3 months ago

First off I want to say the Leica T feels quite solid. The screen is nicely done. The dial and the flash feels solid as well. However, the whole unit does not feel any more solid than a traditional M, or classic cameras I own like the Contax G, Contax  or the Hassy 500 series.

The oddest thing I noticed is the battery. It actually does not have a battery compartment door. If you push the eject lever the battery would just pop out like a gun magazine. This is the first camera I know that the battery comes in two colors (because of the base plate is attached to the battery). In other words, you need to buy the silver battery to match the silver body, same thing for the black. It seems like moisture protection is not the best for this kind of design. But I can say changing battery can be as quick as changing magazine in a 80's shoot them all movie.

AF is reasonably quick. The switch between EVF and LCD is also instant. I would say you got what you paid for. At least it doesn't feel like I am holding the old NEX 3.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow