ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SimonJenkins
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
Canon 5D MK III Flashing AF lights
4 months ago

Hi

This is my first post after having been an 'observer' and admirer of this forum or site for it's reviews. Hopefully this is in the right place.

I recently purchased a 5D MK III but just the other day, I noticed that the vertical non-cross type AF points are now flashing. As I understand it, this should only happen when a) you are in AI-SERVO, or you have manually selected one of the non-cross points. In my case, neither is true. However I did attach a non-Canon 2X converter onto to the body, with a Canon 50mm F1.8 lens, and got a message along the lines that the lens was unable to communicate with the camera. The 2X converter however had been working fine on my 70D with a combination of Canon and Sigma lenses.

I therefore think I have 'broken' the camera and confused it by using a non-canon converter. Would you agree? Otherwise besides the blinking lights, everything else is working fine.

Thanks

Simon

SimonJenkins's gear list:SimonJenkins's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow